Monday, April 03, 2006

 

Live From the AFP Conferance

Live From the AFP Conferance: "Flying The Sick And Also Landing Millions

By Mark Hrywna

Retired pilot F. Terry Stent might not have coined the phrase, “There’s no I in team,” but he exudes it.

The longtime philanthropist from Atlanta is the 2006 recipient of the Ketchum Award for Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser, presented by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.

“It’s really a team effort, I’m just a point person. The honor belongs to a much larger team,” Stent said. “Obviously, fundraising involves many different people all working in the same direction to make it happen. In a very real sense, I feel like this honor really -- while I’m very appreciative of it -- should reflect not only on what I’ve done but on the team to make it happen. It takes a lot of people to get it done.”"

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?